Celebrating Halloween Fun in DeKalb County, IN!
Here's a quick guide to Trick-or-Treating & Halloween events in DeKalb County, Indiana!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more fall fun in #VisitDekalbin
Trunk or Treat -Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum
- Sunday, October 27th, 2019 - 1:00 pm- 4:00 pm
- A popular museum event designed to give parents a safe place to take their children trick or treating. Similar to children going house to house to get candy treats, they go car to car with museum volunteers and staff members at select cars throughout the museum.
- This event is FREE, and we only ask that children accompany their parents.
- For any age group.
24th Annual Halloween Walk at Eckhart Park
- October 18th- 20th and October 25th-27th 2019
- Eckhart Park, Auburn, Indiana
- Cost: $2 per person (Ages 3 and under free)
- Enjoy treats and sweets, get fun photos, and search the Forbidden Forest for scavenger hunt items and more!
SPECIAL ACTIVITY NIGHTS
- Friday, October. 18th: Children’s Costume Contest at 6:45 p.m.
- Friday, October 25th: Adult Costume Contest at 6:45 p.m.
- Saturday, October 26th: Wagon Rides at 7:00 p.m.
Auburn Lions Club 9th Annual 5K Trot and Treat Race
Saturday, October 26th, 2019 9:00 am
- For questions, contact the Lions Club Here
- Race Registration Here
- Race Starts at the NE corner of Auburn YMCA. The competition will follow the Rieke Park Trail and back to finish at the start location.
- $20 registration up to date of the event.
- After 10/15, first come first serve on Tshirts.
- Register as a family $40.00
- Strollers welcome.
YMCA of DeKalb County Healthy Halloween
Tuesday, October 29th
Individuals with special needs 5:00-6:00 pm
All Participants 6:00 -8:00 PM
Join the YMCA of DeKalb County as we continue the annual tradition of Healthy Halloween on October 29, 2019! This family-friendly FREE event is open to the community and geared towards children. It is a safe and healthy alternative for children and families with a lot of healthy treats, prizes, and activities. Family-friendly costumes only! 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm for participants with special needs and 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm for all participants. See you there!
Downtown Auburn Trick or Treat
Thursday, October 31st from 4:00 pm- 6:00 pm Downtown Trick or Treating 6:00-8:00 pm
- Participating businesses in downtown Auburn will be passing out candy and goodies!
- Open to all ages.
- Contact Mike Littlejohn for questions (260) 925-3113 or email daba4auburn.org.
Waterloo Treats Before Dark
Thursday, October 31st, 4:30 pm- 6:00 pm and Townwide Trick or Treating is 6:00-8:00 pm
- Francis Thomson Memorial Park, Waterloo, Indiana
- Children enjoy games and treats in costume at this fun event sponsored by Nucor Building Systems and many other local businesses.
Garrett Trick or Treat
Thursday, October 31st, 4:00-5:00 pm-Downtown Businesses
Citywide Trick or Treating is from 5:00-7:00 pm
Garrett Public Library Fall Festival
Saturday, October 26th at 4:15 Movie showing of a Halloween Movie
Spencerville Community Trick or Treat
Saturday, October 26th
Trick or Treat is from 5:00-6:30 pm
Community Club Party starts at 6:30 pm-8:00 pm
Trick or Treat in St. Joe, Indiana
Thursday, October 31st, 5:00-7:30 pm
- Halloween Party at Leighty Hall from 6:30-7:30 pm
- CONTEST: "Share the Scare" Best Home Decorated Contest throughout October. Votes will be accepted through October 31st, and a winner will be chosen at the board meeting on November 4th.
Trick or Treat in downtown Ashley, Indiana
Thursday, October 31st, 5:30-7:30 P.M
4th Annual Butler Indiana Happenings - Trunk or Treat & Halloween Costume Contest
Thursday, October 31st, 5:00 -7:00 pm
- Old Gym Parking Lot Butler, Indiana
- Those interested may gather on the front side of the parking lot. Judging will be at 6:30 pm. All winners will be awarded a prize!
- *Members of the community are invited to join together for an evening of fun! Those interested in participating with a vehicle “Trunk” or “those interested in passing out goodies,” may come to the Old Gym parking lot on Thursday, October 31st at 4:30 pm to begin set-up.
- Decorations on vehicles are encouraged!
- Bring treats to pass out (approx. 300+ kids) & join in the fun for the kids!
- Decorate the “Best Trunk” & WIN!
**Candy donations are being accepted now and may be dropped off at the city offices in Butler.
Children's Halloween Party
Saturday, November 2nd, 5:00 -8:00 pm
Auburn Elks Lodge #1978
- Sign up your kids or grandkids by this Wednesday, October 28th, at the Lodge.
- They will have crafts and trick-or-treats.
- Elks will provide Hot dogs, Chips, Mac and cheese, etc.