A Visitor’s Guide to the 2019 Auburn Fall Auction and ACD Festival
Considered one of the world’s greatest classic car show and festival, the ACD festival has been occurring in Auburn, Indiana for the last 62 years. Whether your interest is in collections, classic cars, swap meets, parades, or live music, the festival has it all! People from around the world come annually to experience this great week before Labor Day tradition!
This year's festival dates are August 24th - September 1st.
There's a lot going on, so if you are new to the festival we've pulled together a brief summary of the activities that you won't want to miss!
All About the Cars
- Take a Sunday drive on Sunday, Aug. 25th 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and attend the Annual Garage Cruise and visit garages of local automotive enthusiasts for a behind-the-scenes look at their automotive projects
- Get your first glimpse of these beauties as Auburns, Cords, & Duesenbergs of the ACD Club roll in from their Annual Hoosier Tour! On Thursday, Aug. 29th at 12:00 p.m. they will park in front of the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum.
- Join the ACD club & guests for a Luncheon/Celebration on Thursday, Aug. 29th at 12:00 p.m. to kick-off this year's Festival. Reservations are required and can be obtained through the ACD Festival office
- One of our favorite events to attend is the Annual ACD Club Reunion Car Show Saturday, Aug. 31st at Eckhart Park from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Many owners dress in period attire and you can see these beauties close up. Admission charged. (The cars will begin lining up to parade downtown prior to 1:00 p.m.)
- The Parade of Classics begins Saturday, Aug. 31st at 1:00 p.m. Get there early for a good seat near the beautiful DeKalb County Courthouse! The cars will then park in the downtown area giving enthusiasts ANOTHER chance to admire their beauty.
- While in town, visit the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum to see some extravagant cars displayed in the original showroom of the 1930's Auburn Automobile Company and learn of Auburn's strong automobile heritage. Museum admission charged.
RM Auctions Auburn Fall Auction
A Labor Day weekend tradition for enthusiasts across the country for nearly 50 years, RM Auctions Auburn Fall sale returns to the historic Auburn Auction Park in Indiana, 29th August – 1st September.
This year’s Auburn Fall sale—the official, original, and longest-running Auburn—will see approximately 700 quality collector cars and a wide selection of automobilia cross the auction block during a four-day sale, catering to a variety of automotive tastes and budgets and ranging from American classics to European sports cars, Detroit muscle, hot rods, customs, and modern collectibles.
The Date & Time for the RM Auctions Auburn Fall Auction are:
Thursday, August 29th 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday, August 30th: 10:00 am-5:00 pm
Saturday, August 31st: 10:00 am-5:00 pm
Sunday, September 1st: 10:00 am-5:00 pm
With over 250 acres of property at the Auburn Auction Park, there are endless things to see and do, including a FREE Kids Fun Zone; freestyle Motorcross shows throughout the day; Dirtfish Driving Experiences; Hagerty Ride and Drive; food vendors as far as the eye can see; a Swap Meet filled with hundreds of vendors selling just about anything; and a Car Corral with over 250 cars ready to be bought!
Worldwide Auctioneers "The Auburn Auction"
- The 12th annual Auburn Auction is an expanded two-day event running August 30th- 31st to accommodate the additional sale of over 600 lots of memorabilia and motorcars from 3 private collections, selling without reserve.
- Location-Auburn, Indiana
Cruise-Ins, Concerts and More During the ACD Festival
Time: Vehicle parking and registration begins at 10:00 am
Cost: $10 a vehicle but FREE for spectators
Hang around until the evening to rock-out to live music from Big Caddy Daddy and Hubie Ashcraft starting at 6:00 pm! Cost is FREE! There is also a beer tent, food trucks, and ice-cream so bring your wallet if you want to grab a snack or a brew!
Live Picking on the Plaza Saturday, Aug. 31st- Rob Wolfe from The History Channel's "American Pickers" will be joining the ACD Festival on Saturday, August 31st at 4:00 pm for "Live Picking on the Plaza"! There will be antiques from all kinds of local vendors ranging from motorscooters to antique furniture. Those wanting to be a vendor, please contact the ACD Festival to submit a vendor application.
- Saturday evening on Aug. 31st, head downtown to the Fast and the Fabulous Car Show on the Courthouse Square from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. You’ll see exotics and luxury sports cars including Ferrari’s, Lamborghini’s and Porsche’s. Pre-registration required for cars. The event is free to spectators.
- "Ticket to Ride" on Saturday, Aug. 31st from 4:00 pm-6:00 pm- this is an opportunity for people to enjoy a free ride in cars ranging from a Duesenberg to a Tesla Model X. Pre-registered tickets are required.
- Hang around for a "Night of Nashville" music and listen to the sounds of the Matte Gray Band and others as they rock the stage. Food trucks, adult beverages and more are available for purchase.
Auburn Hotels and Campgrounds